- STATE OF STYLE is an independent production company based in Stockholm, Sweden. In the past 15 years they have produced hundreds of high quality TV programs mainly within the fields of fashion, music, and culture. State of Style – broadcasted and online all over the world. State of Style is a non-hosted TV-production series with many flexible formats, sold on licence worldwide and represented at MIPTV in Cannes by OCTAPIXX. It is easily adjusted into any kind of framed studio setting by the broadcaster. The material is in English, but subtitles or dubbing can be easily arranged. It is regularly broadcasted primetime on Swedish National TV (SVT1), and has also been aired in Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Korea, and Spain.
- When he’s not working as a visual merchandiser for Forever 21 on Powell, Boyish is probably indulging his passion for photography. He might also be found in the great outdoors, working out or collaborating with creative types over coffee. In particular, he is focused on everything that has to do with men’s fashion, and he promises to not stop innovating his blogboyish.tv until every man in the world has seen it at least once.
- BRAD CARRICK is the owner and founder of SOLZ Shoes and business developer for SFFAMA. SOLZ Shoes combines a lifestyle shoe company with an extendable microbranding platform. It has designed and patented a unique, lightweight casual shoe that folds up in a small “capsule” that can be clipped on to bags or clothing. It has also launched “The Walk Street Movement” and “The Sneak In Artist” as additional lifestyle brands. SOLZ is the name of the company and also the flagship brand. SOLZ shoes is marketed as the “Ultimate Beach Shoes” and a platform for self-branding, sponsorship opportunities enabling working with clients to license or franchise any of their brands. Brad graduated from Colgate University with B.A. in International Relations, Economics and Asian Studies. He holds a JD from Harvard Law School and an MBA from IE Business School in Spain.
[ Del Geronimo and Jay Nicolas Sario during Pret-A-Porter SF 2010 at Press Club ]
- DEL GERONIMO, Photographer. Aside from photographing models, Del Geronimo is also the producer of the San Francisco Fashion Awards, honoring local industry professionals, the marketing director for BLACK V, and the editor of Bleed Magazine, a fashion blog based from the San Francisco Bay Area fashion scene. He is a world traveler and an award winning photographer. He also contributes to City Model Management and Ford Models SF, as an editorial fashion photographer.
- DARIO SMITH ( @ http://dslitephoto.tumblr.com/) hails from Oakland, CA and majored in photo journalism with a heavy emphasis on fashion and style. He defines style as an extension of ones character and believes that fashion is the grounds for sophistication. In harmony these two create the classic and innovative art that we’ve come to love on a universal level. This concept of aesthetics has always been an umbrella to his trajectory.
- He shoots to capture this sartorial harmony locally in mandate to express the notion that the San Francisco Bay Area “does” have an iconic flare that is not always noted in magazines, blogs, or in general fashion media. He is dedicated to seeing a brighter future for the SF Bay area fashion and style community and makes a point to capture all of the glory that the local landscape has to offer, fashion wise, to share with the world. So put on your best ensemble Bay Area, he’s looking for you!
- JESICA RYZENBERG @ Ryzenberg On. Who is Ryzenberg on? She is a feisty fashionista hailing from Peru with an affinity for all Bravo shows. If you desire the unpredictable and love a hint of spice, then she’s your girl! Her heart is currently in San Francisco, but her soul floats around the globe.
- LEXIE TIONGSON is the Events & Marketing Coordinator for SOMA Magazine and interns for Stipple as a Fashion & Style Specialist researching celebrity fashion trends. She has also had editorial internships at Shojo Beat Magazine, NOVO Magazine and The Sacramento Press. She currently writes for several magazines including SOMA Magazine, Astonish Magazine, We The Urban Magazine and UniversityChic.com, and is a new contributing writer for SFFAMA. Lexie majored in journalism and fashion at San Francisco State University and currently attends Academy of Art University studying fashion journalism and visual merchandising.
[ Mira Torres with Kelly Osbourne at Macy’s during Material Girl model casting ]
- MIRA TORRES is a freelance writer whose links and articles have been featured in various online outlets including San Francisco’s 7×7, Blackbook, and Sashay magazine. You can also find her syndicated work on Myshape, Green Box Top, and the eco-fashion website Green By Design. She writes her own popular Beauty and Accessories column on nationwide news resource Examiner.com. Mira studied Fashion Merchandising at the Academy of Art University and earned a degree in Psychology at Ashford University.
Mira Torres is the Style and Beauty contributing writer for SFFAMA. She is an active SFFAMA member and host of The Beauty Expo and Fashion Racked, as well as, a panel speaker at Fashion Bloggers Connect.
When she’s not indulging in her fashion and beauty product obsession, Mira likes to paint, sing horribly to music in the car and read trashy fiction. You can e-mail her at email@example.com or follow her on twitter @miratorres
Peter Hopkins is a self-taught photographer with a background in visual art, primarily painting. He was always encouraged to be an artist by his mother who was a painter and teacher and his grand father, Rudolph Sternad, who was an art director and production designer with Stanley Kramer, and an Academy Award nominee. Peter began taking photos with the intention of gathering subject material for paintings, but discovered during this time that he was speaking the language of photography, having always been drawn to movie stills, dramatic compositions, obscure angles, as well as the amazing color and style of high fashion. Peter’s goal as a photographer is to find the balance between the spontaneity of street culture and the calculated performance of the studio and stage, relying on authenticity to link them together in a cohesive and magnetic presentation for the viewer. His work is, at times, cinematic , solitary, moody, yet vibrant, colorful and questioning. Peter is a native of San Francisco and has lived in L.A., Hawaii, and South America.
- ROBERT BURNS NIXON is Chief Financial Officer of SFFAMA and Online Editor for sffamainc.org. He is also Chief Economic Officer and Chief Marketing Officer for new venture businesses based in San Francisco. He is an economist, theoretician, executive editor and publisher at the Aesthetica Economica. Previously, Robert worked in consumer and business technology as a director for several private and public corporations in Silicon Valley and in strategic business operations for Sony Corporation in Japan, Europe and North America.
An artist with classical training, Robert has worked as a consultant for Thomas Pink, Ltd., in Europe and was awarded the LVMH internship in Paris, France during business school.
Robert graduated from the Watson Institute for International Studies at Brown University with an A.B. in International Relations and Economics. He holds an MBA in Entrepreneurship and General Management from INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France and speaks English, French and Japanese.
- SHAUN TIANGSING is a very disciplined up-and-coming photographer that works with SFFAMA at many events like San Francisco Fashion Week. He was nominated for Best Photographer at San Francisco Fashion Awards 2011. His work has been published in SF Chronicles’s Style section. A self-proclaimed introvert with a bad memory, Shaun uses photography as a tool to document or remember things. His poignant relationship with the camera makes him an outstanding photographer with the appreciation of the craft as an art form.